Skip to content
Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Jerryll Noorden#2 Marketing Your Property Contributor
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Wilton, CT
Votes |
REI Success Recipe. Do NOT Follow The Masses!

Jerryll Noorden#2 Marketing Your Property Contributor
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Wilton, CT
Posted Nov 6 2019, 17:38

During my time here on BP, I have noticed something very... well interesting.

Everyone has a voice, whether they are experts on the topic or not. 

We all know that to become successful at this game you need motivated seller leads. This is all it takes. This is the secret sauce. The rest will fall in place and is easily done. The challenge simply is getting motivated seller leads.

The point to this post is not to give you a better working formula that trumps all others (and believe me I do have that formula).

The point is simply to try to teach you how to make decisions. Who Why and When to adopt a strategy and when you do not.

Let me follow with an example.

You have Mr. Jon Doe here. He does Cold Calling and he gets 3 leads every 2 months. To him that is normal. That is OK. Then someone tells him to do Direct mail marketing, and now he gets 3 leads a month! WOW that is double of what he usually is getting.

So happy, excited and proud he goes to the forums here where he sees a newbie asking a question "What is the best way to find leads". And super exited he lets his voice be heard. DMM works FANTASTIC.

Now you have 30 more people with the same experience validating this sentiment.

Now you have mister Luffy. He gets 30 leads a week. He does things very differently. No one has his strategies as he developed them on his own by figuring things out himself on his own. The result? No one has these results. He sees the forum post where the newbie is asking the best way to generate leads, and he says.. You are all wrong. DMM is horrible.

Yet, that is one person against 30 people that reliably claim that DMM is the best thing since caramel Pizza.

The problem is that no one shows proof, no one shows results. It is always "It works good, great, awesome".

But for Mr Luffy, 3 leads a month is reason to commit suicide over! Unacceptable.

The reason why inferior methods still circulate around is because of this exact fact! It is not Mr Jon Doe's fault. They don't know better. People will blindly follow the masses. It is "safe" to follow a group. With this message I encourage everyone to start thinking on their own. Ask for proof, ask for the numbers. Use your own logic. Don't follow the masses unless you really exhausted your reasons not to!

This is how I discovered my 30 leads a week system, which I am not going to share or advocate in this post, as I do not want to make this about a single specific strategy how to find leads. I am trying to change your way of thinking which will bring you much success as a beginner.

Example: Yellow/handwritten Letters

So have you done "yellow letters"? Hand written letters? Those that say it works fantastic, ... how many letters did you sent? How many deals have you made . How many of these deals actually made you a profit! THAT is the question.

Don't just choose handwritten letters because some guy made a killer deal. Don't pick yellow letters because 3589 people made amazing deals. Pick yellow letters because you asked yourself WHY it would or would not work, and use your logic.

It works: because it is personally written. right?

Well how about this:

It doesnt work because you tell someone that you can buy their house in cash, yet you can't even afford a damn printer, and printer paper, and print a nicely written with letterhead logo, professional and nice?

Are you going to a job interview in your wife beater and slippers smelling like monkybutt, because you wan to show how comfortable you are in your own skin and you can perform under stress?

See my point?

Do not follow the masses.

Everyone has a voice.

I see marketers that never flipped or wholesaled a house or contract in their life give advice on how to get REI leads. I even seen them give advice on how to wholesale.

It is ridiculous! And people follow that advise... because they are "expert marketers". They MUST know a thing or two.

Don't!

Hope this helps put some perspective in your decision making.

You may be new ... but you still have a working brain. Use it!!

Remember, the majority of investors fail.

Also, the majority of investors use lead generation methods like D4D, cold calling, Door knocking, Bandit signs...

If most investors use these tactics, and most investors fail or always struggle to get leads...

Those tactics may be the culprit! Now we are thinking!!

Loading replies...