• Wholesaler
  • Boulder, CO
Votes |
Advice for a 16-year-old aspiring investor

Logan McGill
  • Wholesaler
  • Boulder, CO
Posted Nov 14 2019, 15:06

Hello, My name is Logan McGill. I am a 16-year-old living in Massachusetts. 

This community has a reputation for being helpful and kind so I thought I'd ask for some advice. I want to be involved in investing when I'm older, starting out with wholesaling and then working my way up to buying. unfortunately, I can't start that until I'm 18 years old. That got me thinking, What can I do in the meantime that will: A) make me money for investing in the future, and B) get me some experience in the real estate world? I can't sign contracts but maybe I don't need to. So here's my idea. I could build my network of real estate agents and investors and then charge the investors to find them a property within their requirements, and I could possibly charge the real estate agents for helping them sell their client's property faster, thus making them their money faster. I would like to know the opinions of people knowledgable in the real estate world. I would be grateful for any feedback or constructive criticism, please don't hold anything back. I know this is probably already a thing, but I just want to know if it would be a viable option for someone in my position. Would those people be willing to pay me for that service? If so, how much should I charge? Thank you for your time. 

Loading replies...