Just getting started investing

16 Replies

I have a 2br condo that I live in. Rent out the spare bedroom. I took out a help and purchased a 1br which I rent out for 1100. I make 90$ cash flow. I don't make much money from my job. How would I go about purchasing my next property? Any tips and or ideas.

@Zak Smith If you don't have much cash, then you can't really purchase. You need to do 1 or more of the following:

1. Start doing some wholesaling. It will generate the much-needed cash flow for you, which you can save for your long-term rentals.
  2. Look at seller financing, lease options or subject-to's. These are no ways to control a property without needing any money.
  3. Find some money partners to do some joint ventures with. They provide the money, you provide all the leg work and ongoing management.
  4. But more importantly, you need a plan that follows a strategy something like this.

Originally posted by @Zak Smith :

I have a 2br condo that I live in. Rent out the spare bedroom. I took out a help and purchased a 1br which I rent out for 1100. I make 90$ cash flow. I don't make much money from my job. How would I go about purchasing my next property? Any tips and or ideas.

Dude seriously. Do not listen too much to these podcasts. 90$ cash-flow is ridiculously low. I know you heard the "experts" say $100 /door is good.

Dude to get a 10K /month income you need to own 1000 doors!

That is utter lunacy!

Honestly all the troubles of being a landlord and owning and drama, is NOT worth 90 dollars.

Not here to dish you. Just letting you know, if I were you I would change my model.

Heck I get some referral fees from some stupid crap I don;t even care about and those fees are over 1000 a month that I get. So for those stupid referrals coming in without me noticing, without ANY effort or knowledge that is already equivalent to 100 doors. Its stupid crazy!

Originally posted by @Zak Smith :

@Zak Smith guess you can't take a joke mate. I know about SEO. I'm not good at it and doesn't give me a drive to learn about it.

it's all good .. mate.

it is to laugh

@Jerryll Noorden  If you like I want to learn SEO. I tried before didn't work, maybe this time :)

@Zak Smith If you don't have much cash, figure it out how to get cash. What is standing between you and opportunities?  Find a better job or sale this property (after two years of ownership) and find a better location.

@Zak Smith I can't give you a specific idea because there are not really a lot of easy good alternatives when starting with very little.

All I can say is keep hustling and making good decisions every day. This business is one that builds like a snowball. Keep your eyes your for opportunities you CAN pull off. 

Originally posted by @Ellie Adams :

@Jerryll Noorden  If you like I want to learn SEO. I tried before didn't work, maybe this time :)

@Zak Smith If you don't have much cash, figure it out how to get cash. What is standing between you and opportunities?  Find a better job or sale this property (after two years of ownership) and find a better location.

The secret to SEO my dear friend, is to try to please your traffic. True SEO is what Google always had intended it to be. To provide value to your traffic. Once you realize that google is just a middleman... and focus on your traffic, you will be successful.

Here is what it looks like to focus on your traffic:

When you time on page gets to these numbers you can safely conclude you are starting to get there. The direct result of SEO the "Jerryll" way.. is you are getting the forms filled. A BONUS, is that Google loves that your traffic loves your site and you will be rewarded with the #1 ranking spot on Google.

NO ONE does it this way, and this is why my results are unheard of. It really is that simple!

Gonna follow this thread since i'm also just starting to invest.  I'm racking up funds to be prepared for the downpayment just in case.  Go check out websites and see price ranges for properties.  A good pick is Realtor or Trulia, there's also Zumbly.  I'll follow you! Goodluck man! 

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here