Bought a vacant lot in Fair Park, so what's next?
HI folks, I just purchased a vacant 7,000 sq ft lot just south of Fair Park for $20,000. It was the cheapest cost per foot that I had found in months and it was also much larger than the average 3,000 sq ft lots that I mostly came across, so I jumped on it the day it was listed. I was itching to make a move and this felt right mainly because my gut tells me that South Dallas has no choice but to develop.......someday. And since my only annual overhead is $250 in taxes and $180 in insurance I didn't feel that I had to have an immediate plan.
Also, if the DCAD increases these values even 50% in 2020 compared to the 100% in 2019 I may be able to sell it short term for a quick profit. But holding long term is more of my plan as of today.
Now I am hoping to connect with others like me who have owned real estate in South Dallas who can share their experiences of renting and/or selling newly built homes in these neighborhoods. I have rehabbed two houses so far (while I lived in them), but new construction is foreign to me. Much less how to ensure profit.
I'd love to here your stories so that I can start to get a better feel for what is to come for South Dallas.