Brokerage Recommendations in GA

1 Reply

Hi Everyone! 

So I am in real estate school in Morrow, GA. It is a little early on in the classes but I'm starting little by little to learn what brokerage to work for. I wanted to get some opinions before I talk to them and ask questions. First of all, what are the main things I should be looking for when searching for the right brokerage? Should I join a team or go solo AND how should I determine which would be best for me? Splits, training, mentors, whats best and what should I look out for? If anyone has brokerage recommendations around the Atlanta area and can answer some or all of these questions I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks so much!

Hi @Fallon Morris . Is being an agent your end goal, or is it a waypoint to becoming an investor?

If you want to become a great agent, I recommend you pick a brokerage that has a track record of providing the systems and training to bring new associates up to speed quickly. (There are quite a few of these in Georgia.)

However...

If your ultimate objective is to become a real estate investor, then I suggest you only consider brokerages that have a significant number of active and successful investor clients. Better still, find one where the broker(s) in charge are themselves investors. (There are not as many of these in Georgia.)

I do have some brokerage recommendations, particularly for this latter category. Connect with me here on BiggerPockets if you'd like to hear them.

Good luck!

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here