• New to Real Estate
  • San Diego
Votes |
what would you do if...

Rich M.
  • New to Real Estate
  • San Diego
Posted Nov 22 2019, 10:02

Hi team. Im In San Diego, self employed for the past 15 years, have about 30k cash, have about 150k in equity in my residence and Im looking to prepare for my familys future... My greatest challenge right now, is my business is a cash business and my DTI has been maxed out for the last few years so I can't qualify (yet) for even a simple refi, even though realistically, I can afford it.

Ive been reading ALOT here on the forums and surprisingly found many of you that are or have been through the same scenario. Im interested in knowing what you would do this time around, in the current market given the same situation.. I have a few ideas but as I get older, I realize how much I don't know, so Im asking for some suggestions. My current business really slows down in the winter, so Ive been finding myself spending savings in Nov, Dec to make up for it and Im over it.. 2 steps forward 1 step back every year and its time to up my game, get uncomfortable and handle my BIZ..

Any words of wisdom or things you'd do differently this time around?

My goal is to flip some properties to get some $$ saved so I can eventually get a few rentals under my belt and have (semi) reliable income yearly. I'm a big fan of hard work and motivated as well

Thank you! Im looking forward to hearing some replies.

Loading replies...