Russ Loven
  • State College, PA
Votes |
Getting started in real estate investing

Russ Loven
  • State College, PA
Posted Dec 5 2019, 05:16

Hi everybody!

I want to get started in real estate and believe I know how I want to start, but want to make sure all my i’s are dotted and t’s crossed.

I just started getting my military pension which more than covers all my living expenses. I want to build my savings faster and I believe house hacking will allow that to happen. I live in a college town, (PSU), but I'm a local. I believe that's a definite plus for hacking. Also I can get a VA loan, and because of my military service connection disability I believe I'm property tax exempt. With all that in mind, investing seems like a perfect adventure for me.

Does this seem like I’m thinking the right way about it? My credit score is low right now (540), I know that needs fixed and i am working on that now along with getting my education up. I’m addicted to BP real estate podcast, I’m going to my first meetup on the 9th, just did my first webinar with BP’s Brandon Turner last night, and read Rich Dad Poor Dad. BUT I NEED AN ACTUAL ACTION STEP to keep this momentum.

Any ideas on that, any people using the VA loan or know more about the property tax exemption thing that could tell me what I need to do next would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!!

The Newbie

Russ

Loading replies...