• Wholesaler
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
Incorporating

Darrell Essex
  • Wholesaler
  • Chicago, IL
Posted Oct 24 2012, 08:51

I have had a few opinions on incorporating given to me. I wanted to get the opinions of the people on this board.

The question is, should I own many corporations or 1 corporation and many doing business as'? Seeing as though, the corporation is me and the idea is to shield myself from all kinds of legal liabilities, and for tax purposes. So for instance if I am wholesaling, grow to a point where I have enough cash to do rehabs, and also have rental properties generating income, and a couple hobby businesses where they are just my passion and they also work for itself. Should all of these "companies" be under one corporation with a doing business as for each so they aren't say Darrell Essex Inc but more like wholesaling is awesome, rehabbing is awesome, music is the greatest etc, or should I have a corporation for wholesaling is awesome, rehabbing is awesome, and music is the greatest?

I ask because I am working on building income generating businesses and obviously the music business is nothing like the real estate business, but in the end the "corporation" is still technically myself.

Loading replies...