Have $100K $$ and a 720 credit score. Where should I begin?

1 Reply

..other than reading these forums, which I have all day, for the last few days.

I am looking to start investing in real estate in NH. I own 1 house, also 1 condo that was my wifes.

Ideally, I think I want to buy condos, hold them, rent, then maybe move them in a few years.

I guess my main question is, how can I go about acquiring more condos with dropping every cent of my $100K in closing costs, etc.?

My mentor has long said that when you've got that kind of cash to work with, you should make every deal work with only a few thousand dollars. Make sure you're getting good deals with plenty of equity as always, but do everything you can to only use $2k per deal. This may seem impossible (and some are probably laughing), but you will only find what you're looking for and if you're determined it's not out there, you're likely to never find it. You can't expect to find a deal like this if you're looking for one where you'll have $30k out of pocket.

If you don't want to use your cash, don't. Get creative and find ways to get seller concessions and/or land contracts, use OPM, etc. There are tons of books, articles, and resources here on biggerpockets and on the web.

Start searching. If you don't have a good team to help you do this, start building one. If you've never done this before, you'll want help through it and that will require numerous advisors to help you put the puzzle together.