• Tewksbury, MA
Votes |
Seller financing for first deal idea?

Kyle Curtin
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Tewksbury, MA
Posted Mar 27 2020, 09:20

Hi everyone,

So I am 19 years old with a very stable and pretty well paying job, and just opened a credit card. I am obsessed with real estate investing and saving up for a down payment for a SFH househack in a nearby town pretty soon but have 2 things holding me up. I am not interested at all to pay no money and all of the "guru hype", but just wanted to see what fits best for my situation.

1.) Just got credit card and have baseline credit

2.) I have only been at my job for about 7 months, and no where close to meeting the 2 year requirement for traditional financing.

However, I just finished “The book on investing in real estate with no and low money down” and I read the chapter on seller financing.

SO, my idea was because I have my property type and area, to drive for deals and send out hand written letters to that area to see if there are any owners that have a free and clear property that they are looking to get rid of and explain seller financing, and use them as the bank and then do minor improvements and rent out the property.

Or should I just keep studying and saving for a traditional 3.5% down payment in the same area in the next few years.

Thank you,

Kyle

Loading replies...