How much do bird-dogs charge?

2 Replies

I've read some stuff here, and think being a bird-dog is a good way to start out. How much do people charge for this?

I've read that 2-5K is what a birddog can expect. I'd like to do the same thing. My question is, how do I find investors? I have some properties that I think are deals and I'd like to get started.

bird dogs don't get 2000 to 5000 unless they are AWESOME at what they do and are finding monster real estate deals.

i'd say the average is about 500 bucks - from what others have told me. if you go on websites or respond to ads about "GET PAID TO FIND...."

it can be anywhere from 250 to 500 bucks.

the thing about getting into bird dogging is a real investor isn't going to want to waste too much time on you if you don't have any idea what you're doing.

and if you "think" something's a "good deal" and it's not - well then forget about it. but of course, i think any investor will take information from anyone...i mean if you offered an investor 100 properties and the 101st one was a sweet deal - it's worth it...for the investor!

it doesn't cost the investor any money or time to have you look for him/her.

but still, in order to make good use of YOUR TIME, study your local market, set up shop, get used to looking at properties and consider some of the legalities - then go for it.

bird dogging is appealing to the new investor because of the lack of risk...but it can also mean a lack of

M O N E Y

good luck!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you