Looking for Rental Rehab Company DFW Area

Looking for Rental Rehab Company DFW Area

Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 0 votes

Hello,

There is SO many contractors and rehabbers in the DFW area and I would love some personal recommendations on someone you've used for rental rehabs especially in the Fort Worth area and had success with. Also, this is a newer market for me so if you would also send me a message on a co mlm payment to stay away from I would REALLY appreciate all the help! Thank you!

0Reply
29 views

Most Popular Reply

Professional · Mansfield, TX · Member since 2013 · 77 posts · 44 votes
6y

Hey Melissa,

I second the motion, plenty to stay away from.  I've experienced my share of those that claim to be General Contractors and turn-out to be want-a-be handymen.  Here are my recommendations when screening a GC: 1) How long have they had their license, minimum 5 years; 2) check their work - if they only do kitchens and bathrooms (although important) they don't have the well rounded experience for a total rehab or addition; 3) make sure they are insured/bonded, this is actually to protect you - not them; 4) stage the work along with a payment schedule, don't be pressured into advanced payments except for materials; 5) identify all tile, carpet, paint, fixtures and appliances by SKU# and/or model number in advance - this keeps them from putting-in cheaper, inferior product; 6) along with item 5, avoid MDF - especially in kitchens, bathrooms, laundry rooms, exterior door and window trim; 7) lastly, after qualifying the GC, get at least 3-quotes.  Check the numbers and make sure it makes sense to you - going with the lowest bidder with bad numbers is another giant red-flag.  I hope this helps, contact me directly for questions or references.  My farm area is Tarrant County and mostly throughout the Fort Worth area.  Cheers.

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Kyle MccawBusiness Member
    Property Manager · Keller, TX · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    @Melissa Wells There are many to stay away from. Finishing Touches does a great job rehabbing properties. If you are using a hard money lender, they may have suggestions on contractors.

    McCaw Property Management4.4907 Reviews
  • Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    Kyle, thank you for the rec, I figured there was a ton of bad apples there. I will contact them for a bid. No hard money lending, but I am looking to go to a local meetup next time I'm there to make some connections, since you're in the area do you know of any good ones?

  • Professional · Mansfield, TX · Member since 2013 · 77 posts · 44 votes
    6y

    Hey Melissa,

    I second the motion, plenty to stay away from.  I've experienced my share of those that claim to be General Contractors and turn-out to be want-a-be handymen.  Here are my recommendations when screening a GC: 1) How long have they had their license, minimum 5 years; 2) check their work - if they only do kitchens and bathrooms (although important) they don't have the well rounded experience for a total rehab or addition; 3) make sure they are insured/bonded, this is actually to protect you - not them; 4) stage the work along with a payment schedule, don't be pressured into advanced payments except for materials; 5) identify all tile, carpet, paint, fixtures and appliances by SKU# and/or model number in advance - this keeps them from putting-in cheaper, inferior product; 6) along with item 5, avoid MDF - especially in kitchens, bathrooms, laundry rooms, exterior door and window trim; 7) lastly, after qualifying the GC, get at least 3-quotes.  Check the numbers and make sure it makes sense to you - going with the lowest bidder with bad numbers is another giant red-flag.  I hope this helps, contact me directly for questions or references.  My farm area is Tarrant County and mostly throughout the Fort Worth area.  Cheers.

  • Kyle MccawBusiness Member
    Property Manager · Keller, TX · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    @Duane Kidman I agree.  

    McCaw Property Management4.4907 Reviews
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.