Is the Molina, IL market good or bad for newbies?

Is the Molina, IL market good or bad for newbies?

New to Real Estate · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2020 · 44 posts · 25 votes

Hey BP, any thoughts on the Molina, IL market? If there are any experienced investors in this market, would you consider this area a good starting point for beginners? My goals in detail for my first deal is below:

-Single family

-Producing at least $100 in cashflow

-Looking for B class property in C class neighborhood (Not looking to do too many renovations)

-Stable area with stable tenants

-This is an OOS property so an area with great and reliable PMs/Agents/Contractors

-Conventional Financing for 30yrs

Not sure if the Molina, IL area meets my criteria. I live in California so any help would be appreciated! Thank you BP community

1Reply
12 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Realtor · Evansville, IN · Member since 2020 · 61 posts · 76 votes
    6y

    Hey Josh, 

    While I don't invest in the IL market, I have seen that IL can be a not so friendly landlord state. Do you have any contacts there at all?

    If not, I would suggest maybe looking where I invest. Evansville, Indiana. Im a licensed realtor here and moved here from Oceanside, CA. I used to invest in California, but yikes! those down payments are killers. I work with many investors from California to start building their rental empire here. Most SFH between 14-75k that cashflow on average between 20-30% Annually.

    I'd be more than happy to discuss your goals and any questions you may have! 

  • Columbus, OH · Member since 2019 · 78 posts · 66 votes
    6y

    @Josh Rodriguez

    I agree with the above post. I would recommend looking into many markets and choosing which one is right for you.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.