Has anyone invested in Murfreesboro, TN?

7 Replies

I'm dipping my toes into out-of-state investing and I've been looking at some cities and Murfreesboro seems to be a good city. It's just South East of Nashville and the population and job growth have been really good over the last couple of years. It's also #17 on this list of best cities to buy a house (not sure how much that is worth lol). Anyone have experience there?

@Jeremiah Watkins Hi Jeremiah, I am an agent in town who specializes in investment properties in the Nashville/Middle TN area. I have several out of state clients who focus on the Murfreesboro/Rutherford County region. The rental market is indeed strong due to close proximity to MTSU. Are you looking for turn key properties? Are you working within specific price points? Is there a certain cap rate you like to work within? Single-Family vs Multi-Family Units? These are all questions I ask my clients to research prior to directing them towards opportunities in any region.

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Angela

@Jeremiah Watkins

Hey Jeremiah. I have 5 investment properties of my own there. It’s also the city where I personally live work and play. If you have any questions about the neighborhoods or area I’d be more than happy to fill you in. It’s a great town!

I also own a rental property in Murfreesboro but I tend to rent it short term if at all as I do stay there when I'm in town. I am looking for a duplex or four Plex in town but unfortunately a lot of the prices don't match with my current formula which tends to work well in Florida but not here right now. I'm thinking of waiting for a slight downturn but this area is growing so fast I wonder if it will ever happen. If you have a good lead on Two Plex or four Plex in town I am definitely interested.