• New to Real Estate
  • Whittier, CA
Votes |
19 year old looking to get into real estate

Jack Budd
  • New to Real Estate
  • Whittier, CA
Posted Aug 1 2020, 07:39

I am a 19 year old going into my sophomore year of college as a business major (general right now but might narrow down to finance or something). As a result of scholarships I will have no college debt to pay off. I have a dream of buying and flipping houses in the near future and investing in real estate property and would like to househack. I currently have a summer job where I have saved just over $6000 where I have slowly started injecting into various etfs. I plan to withdraw at least some of this money in the near future to help me in real estate. I figured I would try to accumulate at least some interest rather than just let it sit in my bank account for the next few years. My uncle is a successful real estate flipper and investor and I plan to apprentice for him possibly next summer offering him free labor and whatever else in exchange for a better understanding of the business. I have started listening to bigger pockets podcast and reading books to “invest in myself.” I would love to hear any feedback people can give me for my plan.

Loading replies...