Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Amy Cheng
Votes |
New to REI - Looking to do first flip/rental in Pittsburgh

Amy Cheng
Posted Oct 20 2020, 15:45

Hi BP! My name is Amy and I'm 24 years old. I am new to the world of REI and am super eager to get started after doing a bunch of research, mostly through BP. I currently live in Los Angeles but am looking to do my first REI venture in Pittsburgh, PA which is my hometown. I currently work in the film/tv industry but really like the idea of supplemental and passive income through real estate. I'm super motivated and willing to put in the work to achieve financial security so that I don't have to rely on the gig economy lol.

My short term goal is to buy my first investment rental property maybe in South Side, Squirrel Hill, Lawrenceville, Mt. Washington, Greenfield, or Highland park, B/C neighborhoods using the BRRRR method.

However, I am not financially at the point where I can purchase a property on my own and an FHA loan wouldn't be an option since I wouldn't be living there. Since I'm also curious about flipping houses, I'm thinking of potentially partnering on a flip with someone who has experience as my very first venture in real estate. I think being involved directly in the process in some way early on would be a great way to learn the ins and outs of flipping/rehabbing rather than hearing and reading about it online. Any input on this would be appreciated as well.

Most importantly, I would love to connect with any local investors, realtors, or flippers to get some insight and/or advice. Hit me up!

Loading replies...