Skip to content
Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
KJ Kaya
Votes |
New to Real Estate Investing in the Phoenix/Scottsdale Area!

KJ Kaya
Posted Nov 17 2020, 18:17

Hello! My name is Kayacan Kaya (my nickname is KJ, it's easier), and I'm an ambitious 19 year old who can't wait to get started in real estate investing. Since beginning my stock investing journey early on in high school, it has always been my goal to one-day own real estate. This dream pushed me to learn options trading, and though I've only been trading since March, I've earned enough to afford the downpayment on a home in the Phoenix/Valley area. I'm mainly interested in rental property investing, but I'd be open to wholesale as well. I live in the Bay Area, California - where prices are insane - but because I go to school at ASU and have family in AZ, investing in Arizona property just seems more logical. 

My goal is to find like-minded individuals with who I can either team-up with, or who can help guide me along the way! I've talked to some agents in the area who have dissuaded me from multi-family properties in the area, so I'm looking for some single-family homes as of right now. The market is extremely competitive, I know. But, I believe I can find a property that can create positive cash flow. Where determination is, the way can be found. :) 

I'd love to get to know some of you guys in the area and get your thoughts on the current market. My main goal is to purchase my first property by July. I'm always willing to learn, and hopefully, BiggerPockets will allow me to form an investing partnership and friendship with some of you guys along the way! 

Loading replies...