Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
N/A N/A
Votes |
Buying a condo, should I pay cash?

N/A N/A
Posted Aug 3 2008, 10:55

Great forum. I've only stumbled upon it, but it looks like I've come to the right place. I realize my question is about as newbie as it gets, so thanks for your patience!

I have no experience whatsoever in real estate, but I recently decided I'm going to purchase a condo in the Las Vegas area for 100-200k. This will be for me to live in, but I also want to use it as a learning experience for real estate in general.

My question is, when I find the property, should I pay it all off at once? I'm fortunate enough to have the full amount in cash at the moment, and it seems like avoiding any financing would be best financially speaking, since I don't plan to buy multiple properties right off the bat.

This makes sense to me because I wouldn't be paying interest, but I just thought I'd throw it out there in case I'm missing something.

If anyone has any additional advice about where I should go from there, please let me know! I've only started looking at properties on realtor.com, and my next move was to find an agent in the area that I could talk to.

Thanks,
Joey

Loading replies...