BRRRR in Tulsa, OKC, and surrounding areas

3 Replies

Hi BP community,

I'm from Colorado Springs, CO and own a couple rental properties here that I bought in 2017. The market has skyrocketed here since 2017 and the numbers don't really work for me anymore for future investments. I currently buy and hold long term, but I'm interested in starting to BRRRR. I'm currently looking at the Oklahoma market. Has anyone seen success in Tulsa/OKC and surrounding areas? what strategies would you recommend (buy & hold long term/BRRRR?)

@Maria Kelly

Hi Marie I’m a real in OKC who works with investors. There are some great neighborhoods in the area for these investments but we do have a very tough, competitive sellers market so you have to move quick. I would be happy to have a conversation with you to see if we could partner up on finding you a property!

Originally posted by @Maria Kelly :

Hi BP community,

I'm from Colorado Springs, CO and own a couple rental properties here that I bought in 2017. The market has skyrocketed here since 2017 and the numbers don't really work for me anymore for future investments. I currently buy and hold long term, but I'm interested in starting to BRRRR. I'm currently looking at the Oklahoma market. Has anyone seen success in Tulsa/OKC and surrounding areas? what strategies would you recommend (buy & hold long term/BRRRR?)

Love the Springs, lived in Denver for a stint, but would have preferred living down there. There are success stories here in OKC, and probably fail stories you don't hear about. Home prices, specifically BRRRable properties are flying off the shelves, almost always with multiple offers, and sometimes over 10% asking. But I am never one to discourage or bring dismay. If your numbers allow a slight price increase, then allow the mathematics to speak for itself and dive on in! 

Forrest Faulconer