Skip to content
Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Jeffery P.
Votes |
LTR vs STR for building cash flow vs headache?

Jeffery P.
Posted May 4 2021, 07:42

Okay BP, I am finally posting for the first time.  My wife and I are feverishly trying to figure out what the heck to do.  I am an analysis paralysis person and she is RE agent ready to go. LOL  So I have owned a rental for 13yrs however we currently living in it. The plan is for me to retire from the fire department in 3-4 yrs.  In order to do that I would like to build a cash flow portfolio of at least 10K/mo.  So I have been researching and reading as much as I can, (still have a lot to go) but my questions for this community is:

1) In my local market here in S. FL. the prices are ridiculous and finding a CoC return has been challenging, so do I consider Turnkey investment companies in other states?

2) We have considered buying a STR and using it as an income/vacation for our family. Can I reach my goal with this strategy?

3) I keep hearing Brandon and David ask the question, Why don't people ever get started and buy their first investment?  What made you TAKE ACTION and overcome the fear cause thats all it is?

Thanks for taking the time to read my first post, if you have any thoughts or suggestions for us please share.  Have a blessed day to all!

Jeff

Loading replies...