Votes
Brett Kingston
  • Ontario, Canada
Votes |
Getting Significant Other On Board

Brett Kingston
  • Ontario, Canada
Posted May 5 2021, 10:28

Hey Everyone, I'm a 23 year old from Ontario Canada and I'm relatively new to BP and Real Estate investing. I've been listening to the podcast for a few months and have been so inspired to start my Real Estate journey. My girlfriend (of 4 years) and I are in a good financial position for home ownership, and ideally I'd like to start with a house hack/duplex and scale up from there. I sat down with my girlfriend and told her my interest in real estate and how my goal is to invest in real estate to reach financial independence so we could both retire early if we wanted to. I tried to give her the benefits to real estate investing and how it could change our lives, but she was not convinced. She sees it as a lot of work and doesn't see how you would make that much more money than just focusing on our careers. She also sees it as risky with the extremely hot market we have here in Ontario. This is something I really want to pursue, but not sure how I'll be able to do it without having her on board, as it is a huge life decision. Any suggestions on how I should go about this situation?

Thanks!

Loading replies...