• Rental Property Investor
  • Blue Ridge, GA
Votes |
Is it my Realitor or the location?

Anna Gordon
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Blue Ridge, GA
Posted Jul 31 2021, 11:32

I’m working on purchasing my first rental property. Ive been focused on purchasing a duplex in the Woodlawn a Chicago neighborhood. It’s with a 10 minute drive of where the Obama library and Tiger Woods golf course is anticipated to be built in the next 5-6 years. I know the area is a bit dicey and the building are older so many of them will need work and aren’t in the best condition. I’m working this while on military orders so I need to trust my realitor but the last couple of deals I’ve been contingent on have fallen through due to the building not being structurally sounds, but this is only after the home inspection has been paid for. I asked a contractor to look at the home inspections to get a better idea of the issues within each building. The contractor indicated that the issues with the properties are obviously and that I didn’t need to pay for a home inspection to see the major external issues or the piping issues.

My question is, do I need to find a realitor with more experience or am I doing to run into this problem because of the location I am looking in?

Should I look into a different state or town? Thank you in advance for any input!

Loading replies...