User Stats

Votes
Sam Westfall
Votes |
Investing while in College

Sam Westfall
Posted Oct 31 2021, 09:30

Hi guys,

I'm pretty new to the bigger pockets community, but after listening to the bigger pockets podcasts I figured I'd make a forum post to see what the bigger pockets community thinks about my situation. I am currently a full time college student in Milwaukee, Wisconsin (I have about 2 years left). I have a credit score above 700, no loans, just started a part time job 15 hours a week at $10 an hour, and have saved up about 15k. In my area, there is mostly multifamily houses for sale around 350k. This seems like it is way out of my budget and risk tolerance, so I started to look in neighborhoods in Wisconsin within 2 hours of where I live that have single family/duplexes for sale under 100k. My family thinks I should wait until I'm out of school, but I am very passionate about this and excited to learn about real estate investing first hand. I guess I'm looking for what approach an experienced investor would do in my situation, or if I should wait and just continue to build my knowledge until I'm out of school.

Looking forward to responses!

Loading replies...