Skip to content
Real Estate Agent

User Stats

Votes
Bryan N.
  • Investor
  • Hampton Roads, VA
Votes |
Multiple realtors or replace existing realtor?

Bryan N.
  • Investor
  • Hampton Roads, VA
Posted Jun 25 2014, 15:08

I get the ethics involved with the realtor industry.  So, do most investors have more than one realtor or just one?  If one, at what point do you move on from that one?

I have one now. He is not an investment realtor, but I have used him for my personal residence purchases in the past and he did good. So, I thought I would try him for my first investment property. I sensed trouble when he showed me a calculation if PITI versus rent and I'm cash flow positive. Well, that's not true because there are other expenses like vacancy, maintenance, and other variables.

He gave me a ton of listings (week one) to educate me on neighborhoods. I did my boots on the ground homework (week two) and got smarter. Then, he recommended to send me all new MLS listings (week 3). I said no, send me listings that will cash flow. If I'm going to pay a commission then he should work a little bit for it in my opinion.

I have yet to see or hear anything since then.  To be fair, it's only been four days, but I am pretty sure in my area there are oppurtunities.  I am not trying to rush the purchase, but I am finding myself doubting if I made the right decision.  He has never done anything wrong and always had my best interests at heart.  But, I fear this May be out of his league (especially when I talk about the 50% or 2% rule and he's never heard of it).  

Anyway, just soliciting input form the BP community. 

Thanks as always 

Loading replies...