Looking for agent or investor in MS/LA

7 Replies

I am a Texas investor, looking for an agent to help me learn the ropes I the Mississippi and Louisiana markets. Specifically buy and hold

[email protected]

Kevin,

I am an investor in the central MS area and work with several investor-friendly agents.  Tell me what type of deals you are looking for and I can help point you in the right direction.

David

David

I really am just trying to get my feet wet as far as how the SFR rental market works out there. Is it possible to get a decent deal on the MLS? Here is DFW the only way to get a deal is to buy direct to owner.

Kevin

@kevin brown it is possible to get a deal off the MLS but it will be difficult to pick the right ones without having a very good feel for the area and/or being able to check out the conditions of properties yourself. That's why I asked what you are looking for. You can find properties in South Jackson for 30K that will rent for 800+ per month or North Jackson for 100K that will rent for 1200+ and all in-between. Fixer-uppers are a whole different story. It depends on your deal requirements, goals, risk tolerance, and how you will manage them from DFW.

David

That all makes sense. Do you know any wholesalers who could start sending me deals? Id like to make a trip to the area next month

Hi @Kevin Brown  ! I'm a local REALTOR and investor here in the New Orleans area. I know many local investors and wholesalers in NOLA and work with quite a few of them. I'd be happy to assist you if I can. Let me know...

Hey @Kevin Brown and all of the other investors/Realtors.  I too am an investor and Realtor and we are headquartered on the Mississippi Gulf Coast.  That covers the 6 lower counties to include cities such as Biloxi, Gulfport, Ocean Springs and others.  We're centrally located so it's an hour drive, or less, to Mobile AL, Pensacola FL, Hattiesburg MS, Slidell LA and NOLA.  I look forward to engaging with you @Braden Smith of NOLA to see how we can help each other.

Anyway, I look forward to working with you all and assisting anyway I can.

Kendall, Realtor and Investor

KERA Properties, LLC

[email protected]

Hello @Kevin Brown ! I am completely new to REI (please don't let that take away from the remainder of this reply!). But based on what I've learned so far, I intend to start off with wholesaling. At the advice of several here on Bigger Pockets, I intend to seek out buyers (buy and hold as well as rehabbers) interested in the New Orleans metro area and areas beyond. Upon initial contact, my goal is to find out specifically what each investor wants, and to then seek it out and create the deal that works for all parties, when possible.

As was stated in one of the blog posts that I've read, "I want to bring you the deals that you want, and learn the business by doing so (paraphrased)!"

If I can be of any assistance, please let me know.  I would be happy to search for the property that meets your specifications!

I look forward to hearing from you.

John

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.