How Many Investors Use Flat Fee MLS Brokers?

2 Replies

Just curious how many other investors use the flat fee brokers, who charge a flat fee to list on the MLS and then step away.

I've been using one of these brokers for a while now, and it's great. I always offer the selling agent 2.5%, which is typical in my area, so I don't miss out on any showings.

I recently left the brokerage I where I was a broker associate in order to become a standalone broker, so soon I'll be able to list for free. I imagine my investor friends will start asking me to list their properties for a flat fee as well.

I recently started using flat fee brokers. I learned the ropes and paperwork associated with selling a property with the realtor I worked with.  Avoids the frustration of realtor not getting back to me in a timely manner, and everything that goes along with said relationship. Obviously you can save money, and I actually like gathering sales leads from the showings I do personally. I intend on still throwing my realtor a bone every now and then so I can have direct access to local mls, as far as comps and new and reduced listings. He knows I use a flat fee broker for my less expensive listings, and I dont think he sees the writing on the walls. I mainly pursued flat fee brokers since I honestly didnt see much more value that my realtor could bring to the table than I could myself.

@Dan G.  

I definitely agree. The Realtors listing our properties weren't bringing enough value to the table to justify the thousands of dollars they were getting paid. If you know the business, it's a no brainer to handle the listing side of the transaction yourself. The buyer's agents show the property and handle mostly everything. You just have to deal with some paperwork.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.