Looking for a Broker in NYC to hang my license. Any suggestions?

9 Replies

My name is Jeffrey Mark and I have been active in the real estate industry for two years as a real estate investor/wholesaler in the DC, Maryland and Virginia area. I recently passed my state exam to become a licensed salesperson and I am seeking a home in NYC to hang my license. Real estate is the center of my life. My previous endeavors in the industry have equipped me with an advantage that most new real estate agents lack. In addition to my experience I am always looking for ways to learn more and improve. I am looking to join a brokerage that I can not only contribute to the team, but where I am also able to learn from my peers. In order to be the best you have to surround yourself with the best. I'd love to meet with anyone who can further discuss the needs of your brokerage and how I am able to fulfill them. 

I would love to work with a broker who can possibly act as a mentor and guide me through my first couple of months as an agent.

Thanks for taking the time to read this brief description of myself. I'll be looking forward to hearing from you soon.

I don't know if this helps or not, but I wrote an article on how to find an investor friendly Real Estate company to work for as an agent/investor awhile back.  Maybe this will help???

Thanks. I will take a look at the article. Any advice will help.

@Karl Krentzel  undefined

I'm a salesperson in Ma and I'm affiliated with Keller Williams Realty.  I love it there and chose them because of the training and because they are very helpful company.  Whenever I have a question I have multiple people I can reach out to for a fast response and the commission split isn't bad.  I'm not sure where the offices are in Ny but I'd be happy to get you in contact with somebody in the area you want to be in.

@Jeffrey Mark  

Connect with the local REIA's see who those lic. have their lic with and why.

Paul

@Jeffrey Mark  

What boro are you looking to work in?  The answer to that questions makes a big difference as different brokers are more prevalent in different areas.  I worked the Manhattan market for a good amount of time and if you're looking there, the top brokers are as follows:

Douglas Elliman, Corcoran, Halstead, Brown Harris Stevens, Sotheby's, Citi-habitats and so on.  Some of the top firms won't hire agents without experience so they are more difficult to get into (but not impossible).  It really depends on what your objectives is.

Hello @Louis Leone  thank you for your post. I am looking to work in Brooklyn or Manhattan. I have an interview scheduled with Corcoran, Citihabitats and Bond this week. 

If I may ask how was your experience working in the manhattan market?

It was a great experience.  It's very competitive, but if you're great at networking and know how to handle the common objections you get, you will do fine.  You will also need to learn the inventory quickly.  Most buyers and sellers know a lot.  They expect you to also.  Knowledge and confidence will go a long way.  The key is to handle it like a business and really focus on bringing in sales. 

I used to say to myself, "What have I done in the last hour to bring in more business?"  If the answer was "nothing" too many hours in a row, I knew I was going down the wrong path.

Louis :

The best agency in NY is Better Homes & Gardens Rand Realty.

I can connect you with Brokers to connect with - connect with me.

Vivek

This post has been removed.