Skip to content
Real Estate Agent
Account Closed
  • Property Manager
  • Renton, WA
Votes |
Washington State property Management license?

Account Closed
  • Property Manager
  • Renton, WA
Posted Jan 9 2015, 08:10

Hi there BP! Hope everyone is doing great today. I had a general question specific to Washington state. I tried googling it and got something but not a complete answer. Also the answer I saw in the forums on here didn't  give me my answer clearly, So I thought I'd ask specifically.

The question is if I wanted to start my own Property management company, not a brokerage, but just a Property management company, would I need a "Managing brokers" license or just a " brokers" license? or does Washington state have a specific "Property Management" license that I do not know about, because I did not see it on the Washington state site.

I understand that to open up a brokerage firm, one must be a broker for 3 years and then get his "managing brokers" license. I understand that, but what about opening up just a property management company?

Can someone just open up a Property Management company with just a brokers license? or would one also need to open a brokerage firm and have a property management branch?

Anyone owning a property management company  or a brokerage in the greater Seattle area or simply Washington would be of tremendous help. 

Thank you 

Loading replies...