What commission compensation options are available for starting agents with Berkshire Hathaway

What commission compensation options are available for starting agents with Berkshire Hathaway

Investor and Real Estate Agent · Maize, KS · Member since 2014 · 270 posts · 53 votes

Leaving my full time office job soon to have job flexibility and to be able to concentrate on growing my real estate business which currently consists of 10 single family home rentals. I plan to work as an agent full time under the mentors hip of a close friend. Being an experienced investor and knowledgeable about the business ; I want to give up as little comission as possible as I will require less training ; less broker supervision ; etc.

Thanks in advance :)

0Reply
32 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Involved In Real Estate · Naples, FL · Member since 2014 · 68 posts · 34 votes
    11y

    Are you going to Berkshire Hathaway because that's where your friend/mentor is?  If so, why not ask him or her?  I think the commission options are different by region.  One thing I would say is to not get locked into the idea of one brokerage.  You can still have a friend/mentor that works in a different office.

  • Zach SikesBusiness Member
    Residential Real Estate Broker · Edmond, OK · Member since 2011 · 452 posts · 183 votes
    11y

    I second what @Chris Farrugia said. Check out additional brokerages to make sure BH is the right one. If you are a decently hard worker, ethical, and plan on being an agent full time, the brokerages will be fighting over you. 

    HCO Leasing4.198 Reviews
    Homestead & Co4.9172 Reviews
  • Involved In Real Estate · Naples, FL · Member since 2014 · 68 posts · 34 votes
    11y

    Here are some things to look at when selecting a brokerage.  http://realestatelicensebystate.com/how-to-select-...

    In your situation, fees aren't everything.  You're going to need broker availability in the beginning.  It is great having a mentor but I've found that even the top producers rely on the broker quite a bit as things come up.  After all, your deals are the brokers deals!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.