Skip to content
Real Estate Agent

User Stats

Votes
Mary Hanan
  • Yuba City, CA
Votes |
buyer/broker agreement...do you use one with your buyers?

Mary Hanan
  • Yuba City, CA
Posted Aug 3 2008, 10:46

In one week, I lost two buyers. :violin:
Both were preapproved, I was working with both, found homes they liked, and with one we put in an offer.

First client went to the house "next door" to the one she put an offer in on, the Realtor was there speaking to the tenants, and my client asked to see the house. She looked at the house, put in an offer, and it was accepted in two hours. She never told the Realtor she was already working with me, and had already put an offer in on the house next door. :chicken:

The second client had to get a pre-approval from the bank that owned the home (even they had been approved by BofA). Went to the other bank, got upset with the manner inwhich the mortgage broker was speaking to them, (very condensending), so they got so upset, :badwords: they went to a "model home" and bought directly from the builder, (never consulting me or letting me know what their experience was).

My broker suggested I get my buyers to sign a buyer/broker agreement...I am not comfortable with them, because as I buyer I refused to sign them, :protest: and found another agent who didn't expect that from me.

What is your experience? Do you use them? Why/Why not? What is your success? Do people walk away when you ask them to sign?

Loading replies...