Real estate licensee and MRIS access

3 Replies

Hello

I am an investor and my wife is looking forward to get a Real Estate license. We both are interested in MRIS access. If I am correct after she passes her state exam she has to join a broker to get the MRIS access?. We live in MD.

Can someone please suggests any tips...Thanks

I assume MRIS is your local/state MLS? I've never heard of it.

Assuming it is ~ Likely yes. We have to pay for access to our local MLS, but you must be licensed and have a principle broker.

Hope that helps!  My wife was a licensed agent for a couple years.  She got tired of doing all my dirty work (multiple offers, constant searching, etc...)  She eventually retired her license and I just recently got licensed myself!   Good luck! :)

Thanks Steve for the reply. That is correct. I meant MLS. Now since you have the license, have you joined any broker and roughly how much is the fee for MLS access..Thanks

@Amir Saeed Yes you will have to pay for the MRIS access.  For the first time, your yearly membership fee is $750, then you pay about $165 per quarter.  After your 1st year, the $750 becomes $550 and the quarterly fees remain the same. You may or may not have to pay broker fees depending on the type of brokerage you join.  Good luck!

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here