experiences

4 Replies

Hello to all that reply. I asked a question not that long ago about working with investors as a niche. Now looking back I'm not sure if i was clear. I am a Real Estate Agent just waiting on my license to come in. I am interested in working with investors *exclusively.* Is there anyone out there who could shed some light on their experience working exclusively with investors as a brand new Real Estate Agent. I'm just a little confused because as a new agent the outline is door knock this many times a day, farm this many houses a day. isn't there a different outline for wanting to work with just investors like, go to this many seminars etc.

A good place to start would be attending your local REI meetings- I'm sure there are several in your area. Meet and network with investors. I'm not sure whether or not you have investing experience but this will be a good opportunity to learn what RE investing is like and put you in front of the exact people you want to reach.

You can search for local REI clubs here on BP- go to Resources on top of your page, REI Resources and under assorted resources there is a link for Local REI Clubs. Also check out meetup.com as they have several groups too.

Hey there @Keith Todd . I don't know of an outline that exists like you're describing. You can time block your day/week into different activities pretty easily though.

Do you have knowledge or experience investing in real estate? If you've done it, that gives you an advantage over others. If not @Brandon Turner wrote a great piece- The Real Estate Agent’s Ultimate Guide to Working with Investors http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2013/08/24...

Does this help any?

Jeff

Thanks Lisa. I created a meetup account and it seems promising. 

Thanks for replying Jeff. I don't have experience, but I am educating my self on the subject. I've read, The Real Estate Agent’s Ultimate Guide to Working with Investors. At the moment I am reading, How to Be A Real Estate Investor by Phil Pustejovsky. Just looked up time blocking and I believe that will help me out. Thanks Jeff.

I would act like an investor (or a birddog).  I would get a list of owners that don't live in their properties in your area.  Introduce yourself and create a relationship.  Do drive for dollars and find the homes that investors are likely to be interested in.  Similar to a wholesaler, if you find the homes that investors like, they will be more interested in working with you.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.