NEWBIE REAL ESTATE AGENT !!!

21 Replies

I live in St. Petersburg and just left Keller Williams office to hang my license!! Passed the State exam June 3. Ready to learn and grow!!!

Any advice or comments on how to navigate the agent/investor waters?

try to attend all the free Keller Williams training I'm also a KW agent so welcome aboard.

@Reen Wade

Welcome to the site.

Being an agent will open many doors for you. You will make many contacts that you other wise would not have. All of this will help your investing career.

Thank You everyone for your response! I'm anxious yet excited :)

@Nicole H. thank you I actually attempted a buyers contract class today, loving the knowledge and them being hands on! KW was the right choice for me!

@James Wise thank you kind sir ! I'm starting to see that already. I plan to continue attending Reia meetings and NETWORK, NETWORK, NETWORK!!! 

@Jeff Copeland I'm digging into those goodies right now! Thank you! 

Congratulations!  Welcome to your new career of lead generation!  KW has great training.  There are also lots of great podcasts to give you ideas.  

Two pieces of advice.  The key to success is showing up.  The next bit - Don't be a secret agent!

Good luck and keep us up to date on your triumphs and, of course, please share all your your weird experiences!

@JOAN DICKIE lol thank you. I will do I'm looking forward to the biggerpockets family holding me accountable.

@Reen Wade

Welcome to Bigger Pockets. BP is a treasure chest full of resources. You will find resources here from blogs to pod casts and forums. You can also send messages to members which is my favorite part of the website.

@Mark Nolan thank you.. I honestly consider BP the foundation of all I currently know.. don't know where I would be had I not found this site.. :)

Good luck @Reen Wade ! I too am going for my license and I live in Tampa, FL. I have worked in foreclosure law for 7 years and I am seeing first hand that the market is picking up again and people are buying. This means that the business  I am in is slowly dwindling and we have gone through a couple of layoffs. I am excited to get out and start a new career getting people into homes as opposed to getting them out!

@Andrew Bondarchuk that's awesome I wish you the best of luck even though I know you don't need it ;).. and pre foreclosure is actually where my marketing efforts are going so it should be interesting! and hey we've all been there that's why we're working our way out the rat race! cheers to financial freedom!! 

Hi Reen, Congratulations on passing your exam and affiliating with a brokerage! I am also a new agent in Maryland (Just affiliated with long and foster not too long ago). My advice is get with a mentor and learn as much as you can. This industry is very competitive (due to so many agents trying to do the same exact thing that your doing). Set yourself apart from others and be the best that you can be in the industry! Everyone loves an honest agent :)

Good luck once again!

@Ti Jackson thank you! I've done those things and am well on my way to a successful career! I wish you all the luck and success in yours :) 

@Reen Wade welcome to BP and congrats on your new start. Have you been to any REIA meet ups? If you really want to set yourself apart and work with investors you should offer a flat rate commition or 1% to investors that have a flip done right (meaning the house sells itself). I don't know if KW allows that though. Could be a great way to get moving quickly and learn from some investors at the same time. I look forward to seeing you around.

@Adrian Smude thank you. and actually I have on more than 2 occasions lol I attend regularly.. but the discount sounds like a great idea. I have my cash buyers list ready to go so I guess I need a way to weed out the serious ones. look forward to seeing you around :)

Hi all.  I'm in the Orlando area today on holiday.  Could be a permanent thing in the future if things go a certain way.  If I wanted to get a multifamily to rent out what part of Florida should I be looking at where the demand would be?  Tampa?  Orlando?  Someplace else?

Hey, Welcome and congratulations on your license ! I just received mine as well.

Congratz, you will do great things.

Welcome, I'm a newbie too from bucks county Levittown area. Congrats and many blessings
Originally posted by @Reen Wade :

I live in St. Petersburg and just left Keller Williams office to hang my license!! Passed the State exam June 3. Ready to learn and grow!!!

Any advice or comments on how to navigate the agent/investor waters?

Where are my manners?  Congratulations, I'm sure you are going to do great!  Please let us know how you progress.

Hi @Reen Wade !

Welcome to Biggerpockets!

Wishing you great success on your real estate venture!

Get the Ultimate Beginner's Guide