New ag

4 Replies

Good day, is it mandatory that I have broker sponsorship and work for a broker after being licensed as an agent? And if so, for how long? I'm trying to get away from working for someone else. I'm wanting to acquire the license for a better understanding of Texas RE laws and to have while I wholesale and eventually invest. 

Thanks, Chris K. 

Hi @Chris Kates

I think it's the same in Tx as it is in Ca.  You can't legally do anything that requires a license unless it's hunger under a broker, for example, mls access, soliciting for listings, etc.  

Hope that helps. 

Medium srg vert blk gold  3 Brett Synicky, SRG Properties | [email protected] | 949‑329‑3617

Thanks @Brett Synicky, that makes sense. Does anyone you know or heard of use those broker services that don't require you to split commissions, sell a required number of properties, etc. for a monthly fee? 

Every broker charges some kind of fee.  The less the broker charges, the more you have to pay out of your pocket.  Call around and interview brokers.  Decide how much training you want from the broker and find out what they provide.  Tell them what you want to do with your license, because there are are a few brokers who may not want an investor or a person who isn't going to be a high producer.  

Good luck!  Let us know who you picked and why.

Every broker charges some kind of fee.  The less the broker charges, the more you have to pay out of your pocket.  Call around and interview brokers.  Decide how much training you want from the broker and find out what they provide.  Tell them what you want to do with your license, because there are are a few brokers who may not want an investor or a person who isn't going to be a high producer.  

Good luck!  Let us know who you picked and why.