Should i hit the referral fee to my buyer or the investor?

5 Replies

HI guys So I'm a newbie at JV wholesaling. Im currently in the Central,NJ market.

Here's the scenario:  I text an investor who put ad up on CL that fits my buyers criteria.

ME:. I ask him if i can JV on the deal if i bring a buyer to the table.

He : I'm JV on this deal. Get your buyer to hit you with a referral fee for we can both make money on the deal.

My question is. Can i hit my own buyer for a referral fee? and if so , what contract do i use let alone convince him of such a thing.

Thanks,

Derek

@Derek Arcila You should know that the seller is most likely itching to get rid of the property as well (assuming he's posting to craigslist.) Yes you can utilize a 'finders fee' with your own buyer, however; I would push the craigslist guy for a fee as well.

Since every party is a non-licensed investor, as @Nick Britton mentioned it is a smart idea to place a fee on the craigslist buyer. After all, without you, he would have not found such a good deal. Negotiate with yourself a firm price on this fee.

All of you are running a very thin line of legality right now...

Couldn't agree more with Devon Garbus , this is starting to sound like you guys are representing the buyers and sellers side of this transaction. Tread very carefully.

Thanks guys! Appreciate it.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.