Skip to content
Real Estate Agent

User Stats

Votes
Sterling Williams
  • Professional
  • Texas
Votes |
Texas Real Estate Agent/Property Manager (No Experience)

Sterling Williams
  • Professional
  • Texas
Posted Sep 14 2015, 10:21

Hi everyone, I am an absolute newbie when it comes to real estate. I chose to forgo my interests in real estate a couple of years ago and chose respiratory therapy and I am now burned out. I’m tired of working 12-13 hours a day for a hospital corporation and would much rather invest 12-18 hours into my own business. So I am now coming full circle and choosing my original interest in becoming a listing agent and property manager in San Antonio, while picking up 1 shift a week at the hospital.

I am about to enroll through SABOR for my real estate licensing course and thinking about hanging my license with a sponsoring broker such as Texas Sponsoring Broker or Your LLC Broker afterword. However, this is where my dilemma lies. I do not have mentor to show me the ropes on how to properly sell and manage properties or more importantly be the best advocate for my clients. Is there an independent path to educate oneself and still be successful?

Being a family man and a homeowner myself, I completely understand the importance of being as knowledgeable as possible when representing someone in the sale or rental of their home. Once I get my license, I really want to hit the ground running. It would be greatly appreciated if you guys/gals could give me some insight into the most independent, yet successful route that I should take when entering into the role of being a real estate listing agent/property manager. Thank you!

Loading replies...