Future Real Estate Agent · Rancho Cucamonga, CA · Member since 2015 · 7 posts · 0 votes
Hi there,
I just moved to California and I am almost done with my class. I know I have a lot of challenges but I am super motivated and really up for it. As I wrote first, I am new in California and I have no network at all. What would be your advice to built a good network fast. I don't want to have my license and have to knock or call which I know it is part of the job, but if I could have not to do it in my first month, it would be great.
I have a pretty good idea who I would love to have as a broker so it is not a big deal right now. It's more about getting sale or lease done when I start.
Lender · Greater LA/Orange County area, CA · Member since 2012 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
11y
'Almost' congratulations!
You've committed a significant amount of time preparing for your test. Once you've passed your sales persons exam you will search for a broker to hang your license. Hopefully you will have no trouble finding one that support you with strong staff, marketing and training. Many agents are attracted to Keller Williams however there are many other great firms in your area.
Although I've been a broker for 25 years, I never use to acquire or sell my own properties.
You'd do well to decide if you wish to represent retain sellers or work with PRO's like investors and lenders. I suggest you learn the business first (which a license will NOT prepare you to do) before tackling more sophisticated principals.
I will be selling one of my probate properties, which happens to be in RC, in several months however my agent gas been selected as he is an expert in selling properties requiring court confirmation.
The best ROI you'll ever get is from continuing your education.
You've committed a significant amount of time preparing for your test. Once you've passed your sales persons exam you will search for a broker to hang your license. Hopefully you will have no trouble finding one that support you with strong staff, marketing and training. Many agents are attracted to Keller Williams however there are many other great firms in your area.
Although I've been a broker for 25 years, I never use to acquire or sell my own properties.
You'd do well to decide if you wish to represent retain sellers or work with PRO's like investors and lenders. I suggest you learn the business first (which a license will NOT prepare you to do) before tackling more sophisticated principals.
I will be selling one of my probate properties, which happens to be in RC, in several months however my agent gas been selected as he is an expert in selling properties requiring court confirmation.
The best ROI you'll ever get is from continuing your education.