HELP: Finding a Selling and management broker in Tampa FL.

5 Replies

I recently got my Florida real estate licenses and now I am searching for a broker to work under. I also want to manage rentals with a property management company as well. I have been trying to find a broker in the Tampa Florida area that has a very clear focus on both selling real estate and also managing rentals. This has become somewhat difficult. It seems to be one or the other when I go to the website of each broker. Perhaps I am not doing the correct search. If I search real estate agencies then all the companies have info only on selling/listing but no rental management info. The same is when I search property management search.

I just assumed these two fields would work hand in hand but it is not that clear. Is this something I will have to wear two hats? Will I need to find a management company to work for and sell real estate on the side/ simultaneously?

Thanks for any help

Welcome to BP. Another professional! You will find lots of great info and support here. Be sure and keep me apprised how your PM works out. I am considering stating a PM company in the near future. I will be taking my brokers course starting next month. Can't wait!

Originally posted by @John Thedford :

Welcome to BP. Another professional! You will find lots of great info and support here. Be sure and keep me apprised how your PM works out. I am considering stating a PM company in the near future. I will be taking my brokers course starting next month. Can't wait!

So if you are going to start a PM co then I guess the broker you work under does not manage properties?   Am I correct to assume?

You can only hang your license with one broker. If that broker does PM as well as listings, etc they can let you do both. I do my own PM for personal properties I own. No license required to manage what you own. I don't do PM where I am now. My main focus has been on buying properties for buy and hold investments and flipping.

Thank you for your input.  Going to the normal real estate agency web site hardly says anything about managing properties.  I feel that if they are not being clear on the web site then the managing side takes a back seat.  I found one agency that was clear about doing both sides and of all my search I have only found 1.