Votes
Brandon K.
  • Plano, TX
Votes |
TX TREC points for Rent Collections towards brokers license

Brandon K.
  • Plano, TX
Posted Sep 2 2016, 08:40

I recently passed my TREC RE exam (wooo!) 

The company I'm at has two brokers, one older guy that our company uses (REO license type?) to be able to lease space at our office buildings we manage. The other just has it because he has had it forever and doesnt want to lose it (REI license type?)

I help supervise 6 of our apartment communities and want to start getting points for rent collection/property management (150/Property/Year) to build towards my 3600 of being a broker. 

First off what does REO and REI stand for in this case, real estate owned? Real estate investor/individual? Does it matter who sponsors me? Do we need insurance if im not writing sale contracts and only doing management duties? Both would sponsor me, the older gentlemen with the current REO may retire soon though so if it doesnt matter i would go with the other guy with the REI.

What documentation do i need to provide to TREC to certify my property management points for each of the 6 properties i help supervise?

Would greatly appreciate any help or guidance. The brokers here just maintain their license and dont know any of my questions and the people at information.trec have been less than helpful. 

Thanks,

Brandon

Loading replies...