Targeting FSBO's - Need some creative ideas

3 Replies

I live in a ridiculously competitive market (6k agents in my one town) and want to start a program to target FSBO's. Now, my approach is going to be that I don't want their listing because I know they can sell it. I want their PURCHASE once they sell their home. I have a feeling that I will eventually get their listing anyway once they aren't having luck and they find a home they really like elsewhere.

I refuse to door knock because I think it severely cheapens our industry and I don't want to cold call constantly and annoy people the way Tom Ferry encoursages us to do. I can email, mail letters, etc..

I've done a similar approach with expired listings and had success although I am targeting them to relist their home. In that regard, I mean that I'm not cold calling or door knocking.

What do you fellow agents suggest as some content to send?

Chris, I would love to talk more with you about your strategy!! So, you are targeting expireds/FSBOs to say you want to help them buy their next house....not sell theirs, correct?

Check out Colton Lindsay on youtube. He has some awesome FSBO videos.

HI @Chris Farrugia

My common strategy is to go look at the house because frankly if I know a buyer I am glad it's not on the MLS (less competition) and I can get it at a cheaper price for them. Before I go I get an idea of what the true value is and see how far they are off. I have them show me the house and come up with what I feel it's real value is. From there I give them a hand, ask if they have a PCD, if not give them one. I might make them some flyers. I try and find some buyers to represent (not marketing the property but marketing the act of home buying to potential people in the area). I keep in contact every couple weeks to see if it is still available. I bring a few potential buyers in. If they end up deciding to list they already have a person to contact that they have been working with.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here