Votes
Simon Ruiz
  • Glendora, CA
Votes |
So Cali Guy thinking about getting RE Licence

Simon Ruiz
  • Glendora, CA
Posted Nov 6 2017, 17:55

Hello all I'm interested in becoming a real estate investor. I'm in the socal area make a medium income and have money saved and invested. I recently wanted to obtain my Real estate licence and started the process ( I have my certifications) but after some more research I decided it was not in my best interest. I recently had a conversation with a realtor friend of mine about buying a property after taking a bit I realized he gave me pie in the sky numbers with nothing really backing them up... All in the name of closing a deal. 

I'm a first timer and I think I'm gona need a lot of hand holding and proving in order to even consider submitting bids. I like doing my own research and I suspect this will be a long process before I'm able to close on a deal.  A buyers realtor I'll dealing  with will eventually become impatient especially if they have no prior investing experience and I go through the pre-approval process which is only good for 90 days, I'm willing to bet he wants to close on a deal within that time frame and will do whatever it takes to close the deal, justified by time spent getting to that point...

I think getting my own real estate licence will allow me to have a better understanding and control of the deal I'm buying into without outside influence and limiting other people involved... after all everyone thinks there time is worth something and return is expected from a client.. I know there are holding cost associated with obtaining a licence but with how expensive houses are in socal and elsewhere in the state, I really don't think someone else involved that is not whole hearty interested in real estate investing will help me all that much but with paper work.. I think I'm eventually going to find a deal that I like after really studying particular markets and looking for opportunities... speed, consistency and perseverance may also be factors in Fact, a lot of the deals I have seen posted on BP in recent times out of southern California have been made based on listing information errors made by the seller agent on the MLS or closing quickly because the seller wanted to move on and probably was in the property for a very long time.. Will getting my licence in real estate allow me to have better control of what I desire besides a good deal? quickly submitting and resubmitting bids, doing my own research, eliminating dragging and calling other people to view properties , eliminating deal closing rhetoric.... are those things worth it??

Thank you                     

Loading replies...