Looking for brokerage in Washington State

Looking for brokerage in Washington State

Lynnwood, WA · Member since 2017 · 1 post · 0 votes

Hello everyone,

I just passed my real estate exam here in Washington State and now in the process of finding a brokerage to hang my license with. The main reason for getting a license is for investing (mainly flipping). I'm new to all of this so I'm looking for a brokerage in Western Washington (Lynnwood-Seattle area) that is investor-friendly with low to no fees, that does a great job training new agents. Any suggestions/advice/tips? How do I start doing any research on what brokerages are out there?

Thanks in advance for any help!

0Reply
16 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Waxahachie, TX · Member since 2016 · 25 posts · 11 votes
    8y
  • Real Estate Agent · Oak Harbor, WA · Member since 2016 · 6 posts · 2 votes
    8y

    I have my real estate license in both WA and HI. In WA, where we live now, I have it hung with Keller Williams in Bellingham, but they do also have offices towards Lynnwood and Seattle too. I work primarily on Whidbey Island. Keller Williams doesn't have a whole lot of start up fees and the monthly fee for our office is about $65/month. You do have to pay your MLS fees and realtor association fees, but as far as monthly it's just the $65 and my Supra lockbox access at about $15/month.

    It's definitely been a great place to have my license hung as they provide a TON of education to their agents. The commissions splits are pretty good too, especially for new agents.

    Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions for me.

    -Joelle Potter

    JoellePotter@ kw.com

  • Rental Property Investor · Everett, WA · Member since 2013 · 389 posts · 222 votes
    8y

    @Michael Valle low/no fees and "great job training new agents" don't usually go hand in hand. That being said, I work with Champions Real Estate Services based out of Lynnwood. They have a great mentoring program but as with most places with mentoring programs, charge bigger fees in the beginning. However, once you get a few deals under your belt the splits are much more favorable.

    Good Luck with your search!

  • Jan HensenPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Bellingham, WA · Member since 2015 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    8y

    @Michael Valle You may also want to check out HomeSmart. No Splits, basic transaction fees and it appears to have plenty of online training resources. I am considering it anyway :)

    Always consider what you are paying (cost) for the brokerage brand in you business model. It sounds like it will be mainly for investing purposes - great, you may not need a conventional brokerage (KW, JSCott, Bain, Wind etc) 
    Find one locally where investors are involved - not all agents (very few) understand investing.

    How to start: Run the hard numbers, grab a spreadsheet and call the brokerages - plug in the hard numbers and then quantify the soft differences (investor mindset, training options, brand advantages, CRM options?)

    Buy your top 2-3 choices a cup of coffee. :) Have fun with it - enjoy the journey. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.