Direct Mail Marketing Question

5 Replies

Hi everyone! I am a fairly new real estate agent trying to generate some leads. I have been sending out direct mail marketing letters (handwritten by me) over the last few weeks. My letters are going out to my hometown and targeting people who have lived in their home for 5+ years, hopefully getting them to want to sell and use my services. 

My letters are pretty short right now stating I can help them get their home sold, that I grew up in this area and love it and to contact me to talk about their home. 

How much time do you typically wait before sending a follow up letter? Do you change the verbiage on your follow up letters?

Thank you!!

Yes I change every letter. And I usually wait 3-4 weeks until I mail again to them

@Kelli Thomas

Competitive market 3 weeks, non competitive 4 weeks. Why? Because 3-4 weeks is proven to work but there is more saturation in competitive markets so there's a higher chance your competitor lands a piece when the seller is finally distressed or motivated if you're mailing closer to the 4 weeks like them. With 3 weeks you have a higher chance of beating them.

Good luck! Don't forget to split test.

I would try to "hone" in my target range and hit the neighborhood/area with multiple touches, not only with direct mail. Usually, one that you live in is a good one to start.

Try door knocking or holding open houses in the area, once you get a listing or a sold, send those post cards. 

No shame in going old school with cookies/pies.

Deren Huang, Real Estate Agent in OK (#173779)

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.