Ohio Real Estate License

4 Replies

I'm looking to get my prerequisites up to the point that I can sit for the Ohio Real Estate exam.

There's a load of information out there and I'm still not entirely clear on a few things. I was hoping for some clarification:

My main goal in getting my license is to help make accessing properties easier. I'm not intending to use my license in the conventional sense (becoming a traditional 'realtor').

I am hoping to do the majority (if not all) of the coursework online. Is that possible? I see Hodros referred to often around here (https://www.hondros.com/programs/real-estate-sales.... The package is $1,600 - I assume it is your one-stop package for all requirements to be eligible to sit for the exam?

Has any one done their courses elsewhere? 

Alex,
Yes I did everything online with Hondros.

I got my license for the same reason as you; for my own deals and access to MLS.

The key is to find a broker that is ok with you doing this so you are not paying a ton of office fees.

PM me if you have any more questions. Thanks

Originally posted by @Alex Huang :

I'm looking to get my prerequisites up to the point that I can sit for the Ohio Real Estate exam.

There's a load of information out there and I'm still not entirely clear on a few things. I was hoping for some clarification:

My main goal in getting my license is to help make accessing properties easier. I'm not intending to use my license in the conventional sense (becoming a traditional 'realtor').

I am hoping to do the majority (if not all) of the coursework online. Is that possible? I see Hodros referred to often around here (https://www.hondros.com/programs/real-estate-sales.... The package is $1,600 - I assume it is your one-stop package for all requirements to be eligible to sit for the exam?

Has any one done their courses elsewhere? 

Yes you can do everything online now. So you can knock out all classes, then you need to find a broker to hire you. Once you have that you can sit for the test.

Thanks.

Can you give me an idea on the fees associated to aligning with a broker. I'm really disappointed that it is a requirement for the state...

Originally posted by @Alex Huang :

Thanks.

Can you give me an idea on the fees associated to aligning with a broker. I'm really disappointed that it is a requirement for the state...

Every broker has different fees. Some have monthly fees, yearly, etc. As stated above the key is to find a broker who is willing to work with you and allow you to do your own thing. Look into the brokerages in your area and just give them a call. 

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here