Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Real Estate Agent
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Jacob Price
  • Property Manager
  • Roanoke, VA
Votes |
Your biggest tips for a new agent

Jacob Price
  • Property Manager
  • Roanoke, VA
Posted

After much debate, I decided to get my real estate license. I will admit originally I primarily was motivated to obtain it to use for investment purposes and the various other ways you can utilize such an asset besides sales. However, after diving in to learn more about what selling real estate was all about I found the model incredibly fascinating. From commercial to residential I saw the power in actually using my license as an agent to build my network and funnel for deals. Along with a new career. Prior to this change, I was working in web development and software. 

I want to go all in. I'm freelancing for the transition, but want this to be my new career. So my question for the fantastic BP community is based on my situation. I have just signed with Keller Williams and am waiting for the state to issue my license. I'll be joining a team that is opening a brand new office near me. I feel I have a great opportunity to get started there with the team as they push into this area. Two of the agents in the team are big in the commercial and multifamily space for this market.

Is there a way I could predominantly niche myself into being more investor-oriented? Commercial? REO/Foreclosures?

What are some actionable things I should be doing right now? 

What would you do if you restarted? 

What educational resources would you recommend? 

What question should I have asked that I didn't?

On a side note, I talked with the team lead about working REO/Foreclosure properties. She said that she's been telling people on her team and from the main office that someone should specialize in it, but no one has and they don't work them too much. She thought it could be great for me to really push into that based on what I want to do and my background. I guess my last question is how would I position myself to dominate that market share. I've read about many people that do very well by doing just that.

Thanks!

Loading replies...