Looking for a brokerage in Utah

3 Replies

Hi all. I just passed my licensing exams and am looking for a good brokerage to partner with.l in Utah. My interest is in investing and buying and selling properties for myself and close friends and family. Any recommendations?

Hi Matt! I’m with Ascent Real Estate. It’s a laid back but very supportive. If you are looking for a brokerage that’s more investment oriented then check into William Hochstedler, he has an Equity franchise up in the Logan area.

The important thing to remember is that you are interviewing the brokers. So find one that fits what you are looking to do and what the splits are. I personally am at a flat fee brokerage but splits may be worth it to you if you find value in the benefits/support you get by paying more to the brokerage.

Feel free to hit me up anytime on here or by text, email, or a good ol’ fashioned phone call 😀

Thanks for the mention @Eric Trostle

As an investor, I joined Equity when it was just getting started because the model is incredibly investor friendly.

As Eric mentioned, the fit with the broker is among the most important things.  I would also recommend thinking about what you need to be successful.  Is it office infrastructure?  A suite of tools to get you up and running quickly?

Think about your work habits and what you need to get you out of bed in the morning.  The reason that 90% of agents aren't more successful is that they are incapable of sticking with it and treating it like a real job.  So a bit of introspection can go a long way.

@Matt Larson Hi Matt, These are good questions. You should go meet a few brokerages. My friend and I opened one 8 months ago called Blackwell Realty Group. We are located in Salt Lake City. Let me know if you want to come meet and see our shop. 

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here