Which Managing Broker to choose as a New Agent in Chicago suburb

Which Managing Broker to choose as a New Agent in Chicago suburb

Addison, IL · Member since 2018 · 3 posts · 0 votes

Hi Everyone!!

My Name is Muhammad and I just passed the Real estate broker exam last week in Illinois. Very excited to start this new chapter in my life, I will be working as a part time realtor for now. 

I am trying to find a broker who provides good training for new agents which will fit my part time schedule (After 4 pm and weekends). I have seen some brokers asking for monthly fees for office space and some asking for a pretty hefty commission split. Although commission is not everything, I am trying to find something reasonable. 

I have so far looked at Exp Realty,  Keller Williams, Baird & Warner (Interviewing with them soon). Kale Realty & HomeTown Realty seems like something suitable for experience agents as they offer a 100% commission split but not much training.

I am located in Northwest suburbs of Chicago and looking for something locally. I was trying to see if anyone here went through this recently? any help is much appreciated.

Thanks  

0Reply
25 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Broker · 3412 S. Harlem Avenue Riverside, IL 60546 · Member since 2015 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
8y

@Muhammad Khan congratulations on getting your license. Are you planning on working with investors, or with traditional buyers and sellers? This makes a big difference as many of the big "brands" have no training that will help you understand how to figure out a cap rate or cash on cash returns. I chose to work with the brokerage I am with because I work with a team that understands investing. Most of my business in the Berwyn/Brookfield area is with investors, and working with a bigger named brokerage wouldn't help me much. That might not be the case though if I was going the traditional route. 

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · 3412 S. Harlem Avenue Riverside, IL 60546 · Member since 2015 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    8y

    @Muhammad Khan congratulations on getting your license. Are you planning on working with investors, or with traditional buyers and sellers? This makes a big difference as many of the big "brands" have no training that will help you understand how to figure out a cap rate or cash on cash returns. I chose to work with the brokerage I am with because I work with a team that understands investing. Most of my business in the Berwyn/Brookfield area is with investors, and working with a bigger named brokerage wouldn't help me much. That might not be the case though if I was going the traditional route. 

  • Addison, IL · Member since 2018 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    @John Warren Thanks for the reply, starting off I will be working with traditional buyers and sellers.  I have set up  interviews with Baird & Warner and Keller Williams to see what they can offer. 

  • Downers Grove, IL · Member since 2017 · 366 posts · 165 votes
    8y

    Heard good things about D Aprile's training. 

  • Addison, IL · Member since 2018 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    Thanks @Account Closed I will check it out. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Knoxville, TN · Member since 2017 · 160 posts · 107 votes
    8y
    Hello John Warren I am currently looking at obtaining my first multifamily property this year and have been looking in the Chicago market. Would love to connect and potentially work together!
  • Investor / Real Estate Agent · Aurora, IL · Member since 2015 · 170 posts · 42 votes
    8y

    @Muhammad Khan I joined KW because of the training they provide. Did you meet with them already? 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.