Broker for new p/t investor agent - DFW

Broker for new p/t investor agent - DFW

Realtor · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2017 · 31 posts · 9 votes
Hi all, I recently got my salesperson license to help give my husband and I a leg up with our investing, as well as to add some resources for me in managing our rentals. There are so many brokers beating down the door, not to mention all the 100% commission types that don’t advertise much that I’m a bit overwhelmed. Any suggestions for some good brokerages to look at for limited RE work, and hopefully let me do some property management as well? We’ve had friends ask if we would manage their rentals, which is fine since I’m already doing my own anyway, but of course can’t officially without a broker. I can do one client at a time or so but not more as a pregnant stay at home mom of two toddlers. Thoughts? Thanks y’all!
0Reply
11 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Realtor · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2017 · 31 posts · 9 votes
    8y
    And sorry for the lack of formatting...I don’t know what happened there.
  • Multifamily Lending · Dallas, TX · Member since 2014 · 55 posts · 21 votes
    8y

    Did you have any luck getting a response here? My wife is finishing up her real estate license for the exact same reasons and we're looking for a broker. Thanks

  • Realtor · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2017 · 31 posts · 9 votes
    8y

    @James Evertson  Yes, I did!  I'm now with ICB Commercial Properties from @Megan King's suggestion.  My husband also has a friend who works for Real Estate Reformation, another fairly non-standard brokerage, although I don't know a lot about it.  Best of luck to you and your wife!

  • Real Estate Broker · Dallas/Ft Worth · Member since 2016 · 60 posts · 88 votes
    8y

    Hi @James Evertson, yes @Kate Moreland was a great fit with my brokerage as she is a fellow investor and looking for a place that fits her goals as an agent at the moment (no desk fees, sales quotas, office time, etc). I'd be happy to talk to you or your wife more to see if it could be a fit for her. You may want to check out some of the DFW investor facebook pages for a bigger selection of brokerages in DFW. "DFW Real Estate Investment" is a great page that a lot of Dallas BP folks are on. You can search for threads on brokerages or if you post a question, you'll get many agent replies and should have a multitude of agents to talk to!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.