Skip to content
Real Estate Agent

User Stats

Votes
Mauricio Rezende
  • Orlando, FL
Votes |
New realtor road map, what do you do if you're me?

Mauricio Rezende
  • Orlando, FL
Posted Sep 22 2018, 11:38
Hey guys, I've been devouring the BP podcast and finally started making my first move into real estate and want to get different opinions/critiques. This might be a lengthy post so I apologize. Last March I took my first full time job as an experiential market manager in Orlando and although my job is pretty fun I quickly realized why I was an independent contractor for so long. I don't particularly enjoy having a boss (putting it nicely). I always enjoyed working events because I'm not the shy guy, I love getting in front of people and even joined my local toastmasters group. So I finally took the real estate course online and took my state exam, first attempt I got a 72 and you need a 75 to pass. So I scheduled my second exam for the 28th this month. My girlfriend and I have talked about it a lot and we plan to buy our own house (preferably duplex) by the end of next year. I plan on proposing soon but just in case she has an account I won't say when. My main plan is to sign on with Keller Williams because of their in depth training. I used to sell insurance and the people I worked with wrote one policy in front of me, refused to let me take notes, and sent me off to get slaughtered. Needless to say I like to have a better framework then that and I do plan on keeping my full time job for awhile as well because I can't afford to go 100% full time as a realtor until I start seeing consistent results. I've read Brandon Turner's post on the ultimate realtor's guide to working with investors and plan on joining my local REIA to hopefully find a flipper that I can help find deals for. I'm going to practice analyzing deals based on the 70% rule for flippers. TLDR, my goals. 1. Become a realtor that understands how to find deals 2. Buy my first duplex within 12 months 3. Learn from the flipper(s) I'm helping and find a potential partner Question, if you're me what would you do first and how would you do it? Are there any resources you recommend, books, groups (in Orlando FL). My main first goal is getting to the point where I can work as a realtor full time and leave my other job. Thanks for reading this far.

Loading replies...