• New York NY and Philadelphia, PA
Votes |
NJ and PA Real Estate License, and best company to join

Yuriy Shepelin
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • New York NY and Philadelphia, PA
Posted Feb 11 2019, 13:33

Hi All,

I'm looking to get my real estate license in order to simplify the process of being able to look and list properties, to have a better control over negotiations, to capture some of the commission and to qualify as an active real estate investor for tax purposes.  I'm looking at properties in PA and NJ, I have a bachelors degree in business (and an MBA from a top business school), and I have taken some real estate classes in college. I negotiate and perform financial analysis for a living, I have owned homes, although never as an investment. 

I'm looking for a brokerage house that operates in/around Philadelphia that offers (1) advanced technology, (2) support, and (3) fair commission split with no monthly fees.  Let me be clear, I'm not looking for a bare minimum service here at the minimum cost. I also couldn't care about the brand/name as I will mostly be doing real estate for myself.

Let me elaborate:

1) Advanced technology: I want full access to MLS, including all prior listing changes and sales. I want to be able to research the opposing agent to see what his/her own ratio is of list to sold (price and time). I want to be able to see deep analysis of market inventory (supply and average days on market). I want to be able to see prior listings on the same property with pictures. I want to be able to search by school attendance zone and walk score. I want very low lag time to the state MLS (I had agents before that sent me just listed properties which appeared on Zillow 2 days before).

2) Support:  I ask a lot of detailed questions and I like when they are answered by people with true detailed knowledge, rather than those with a general idea and oversupply of confidence. While I may not know the answers myself, I generally can easily tell when the person really knows what s/he is talking about. I could also use advise in the least painful way to get my license.

As I mentioned before, I'm willing to pay for this technology and support via a lower commission split. If anyone could recommend the broker with the right technology and support expectations, please recommend them either here or via a private message.

Loading replies...